If you are in Portland, you should skip the big malls and hunt for small downtown shops. There are many shopping streets in Portland. Here, you will come across interesting merchandises and Portland SEO businesses. The best thing about buying in Portland is that you don’t have to pay taxes.
The Famous One!
You must start shopping from NW 23rd Avenue. This is where most Portlanders go for shopping. The entire street is filled with shopping and entertainment options. You must start from Burnside and walk down. A must stop spot would be the Westover Shopping Center. It is worth a visit. Here are few things you will find at the NW 23rd Avenue:
- You will come across upscale shopping opportunities for the body, home and beyond.
- You will find popular stores like Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn and Urban outfitters.
- You can bring all your denim dreams to life at Blake.
- You can get edgy cards and gifts at Hello Portland.
For Antique Lovers!
Next would be NE Alberta Street. This is a very long street with shops between NE 15th and NE 25th. The street is known for its artistic nature. Almost all the stores have an artsy look. In this street, you will be able to find Portland-designed furniture, art galleries and clothes. All this stuff is worth your time. Some of the local favorites are:
- Tumbleweed is a “beautiful” dress shop by Kara Larson.
- If you are in love with shoes, you must visit PED X.
- There is an interesting range of handmade paper lamps at HiiH Gallery.
For a Quick Shopping Experience!
Though N. Mississippi Avenue is not big street, parking is never an issue. If you want to park in this tiny street, you must grab something at Stumptown and start walking down. This shopping destination stands out for its home furnishings, clothes, boutiques and gourmet treats. The best standouts in this part of Portland are:
- Phlox has beautiful dresses for girls!
- Red Wagon has striking clothes for kids!
- The Meadow is a classy gourmet shop with high-end chocolates and savories.
For the Casual Walkers!
The talk about shopping streets in Portland will remain incomplete without SE Hawthorne. This is a dense shopping destination, with shops between SE 34th and SE 39th. The street’s best offerings are gifts and clothes. Places you shouldn’t miss at Hawthorne are:
- Greg’s for an array of cards, quirky artworks and gifts.
- Essentials for beauty items and scents.
- Just walk into Buffalo Exchange for the fun of it!